Hotel Woodstock recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the tourism industry. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same.
At Hotel Woodstock we take the potential negative effects on the environment that the activities of our business can cause very seriously. In line with this we will continually strive to improve our environmental practices in a range of areas including energy and water usage.
Hotel Woodstock is committed to reducing its environmental impact through better efficiencies in the use of energy
and the minimisation of waste, packaging and water usage.
The Team at Hotel Woodstock are committed to the following actions:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To carry out a full energy audit in association with Clare Leader Development Programme in 2020
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation and are member of Repak
- To produce an annual Sustainability Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water and energy consumption where possible
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To help increase awareness with regards to protecting the environment and to support our staff, customers and suppliers in doing so
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet these green objectives
- To communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance against our policies, objectives and targets goals regarding sustainability
- Act in the highest environmental interest of our community, guests and associates by maintaining an environmentally friendly and quality hotel.
- Be a responsible hotel operator, reducing our carbon footprint while improving the guest experience.
- Act as a responsible part of our hotel community and foster similar pursuits by our guests and operating partners. Our Sustainability Program focuses on:
- Reduce our Energy Conservation by 8% in 2020 and reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce water consumption by 6% in 2020
- To increase our conversion of waste to recycling by 8% in 2020
- Sustainable Procurement and product usage - To continue to use locally produced produce from our suppliers and give preference to suppliers with an active Environmental Policy
- Community Social Responsibility - To communicate our performance and achievements through the hotel website