Caherconnell Stone Fort & Sheepdog Demonstration
30 MINS DRIVE FROM THE HOTEL
Caherconnell is the perfect stop for travelers. Whether you just need to break the journey, stretch your legs and grab a coffee or have some time to spend in the Burren, experiencing living traditions and walking through its history.
Part of the award-winning Burren ecotourism network, the family owned Caherconnell Fort is a walk through 1,000 years of history surrounded by the uniquely beautiful landscape of the Burren. Carefully selected crafts and gifts, farming, history, great people and delicious food are cornerstones of your visit to Caherconnell.
· Book online with the discount code Woodstock10 to receive a 10% discount on your tickets.
· Demonstration times can be viewed at https://caherconnell.com/sheepdog/demo-calendar/
· Arrive at Caherconnell at least 5 minutes before your chosen demonstration is due to start.
· If you have time, go for the Joint Admission Ticket. This gets you entry to the Fort & Sheepdog Demonstrations. With your 10% discount it’s a good value option.
· The viewing area for demos is covered and protects from rain and wind.
Explore this ancient Irish ring fort, Caherconnell Stone Fort is also home to The Burren’s leading sheepdog demonstrations which attract visitors from all over the globe. Delve into the prehistoric Irish Bronze Age burial boulders and mounds in the heart of the Burren. Take a trip to their Cafe and after why not Book Moher Hill Farm.
Moher Hill Farm
Moher Hill Farm and Leisure Park is located on the Western Seaboard beside the famous
Cliffs of Moher. It is run by the Canavan family and stretches out over 14 acres of farm park
land. The farm was initially set up to teach and educate visitors about various different
animals, both traditional and exotic animals of different origins. Over the years they decided
to make it into a farm park that involves a mini-golf course, bouncing castle and both indoor
and outdoor play areas. It is the perfect way to spend a sunny day with family.
For more information please call 065 6899800